- Stand in front of the box with feet directly under the hips and hands by your side.
- Lower yourself into the jumping position by bending at the knees and hips. Keep your head up and back straight.
- Explosively jump from the crouched position whilst swinging the arms.
- Land softly on the centre of the platform absorbing the impact with your legs.
- Stand tall.
- Return to starting position by either jumping backwards off the box, or by stepping down and repeat the movement.
- If you're not using a commercial plyo box, make sure that your choice of platform is sturdy enough to withstand the rigours of continuous, high-impact jumps.
- Add plyo box jumps into your routine early while you're still fresh, prior to strength training.
- Cease the exercise when form and speed are compromised.
- Work towards minimal contact time with the box